FISMA requires all federal agencies to document and implement controls for information technology systems that support their operations and assets.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST outlines nine steps for FISMA compliance that Digital Edge’s LogIT will help navigate:
- Categorize protected information
- Select minimum base controls
- Improve controls using risk-assessment procedures
- Document the controls in the system security plan
- Implement security controls in the fitting information systems
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the security controls once they have been implemented
- Determine the agency-level risk to the mission or business case
- Permit the information system for processing
- Monitor the security controls on an unceasing basis
LogIT simplifies FISMA compliance with its fully automated log collection, collecting and recovery across the agency’s entire infrastructure. Providing tools at the fingertip that align the organization’s risk assessment with forensic investigations, reporting, and prioritizing settings. LogIT already automatically achieves the first level of log analysis, by categorizing log data that is identified and stabilized for easy analysis and reporting.
Check out Digital Edge’s Log Management Solution: LogIT, where you can learn how our unparalleled solutions can enforce continuous compliance. To assess your Log Management needs and budget your project, visit our Log Management Assessment tool for your instant quote!
If you feel that you need assistance from the Digital Edge Security team, please contact us at www.digitaledge.net/contact/.