The PCI DSS was created to encourage and enhance cardholder data security and facilitate the extensive adoption of consistent data security measures worldwide. This applies to all organizations that store, process, and/or transmit cardholder data.
LogIT provides easy access to information automatically correlated with PCI DSS asset categories. This gives our clients the ability to simplify investigations with alarms and reports that are automatically related with the correct PCI DSS asset categories. Also clients can schedule reports for periodic generation and delivery, or generate them on demand. There is an immediate notification of activities through investigations and alerts that impact the organization’s cardholder data systems so areas of noncompliance can be identifiable. LogIT PCI DSS reporting packages can be customized to give stockholders and auditing bodies the specific content they request.
Here are some ways LogIT makes it easy to meet PCI DSS compliance mandates:
- Screen firewalls and network protection systems (e.g., IDS/IPS and UTM) as well as PCI-mandated behavior (e.g., removing default passwords)
- Detect user behavior and configuration alterations that may threaten the security of cardholder data
- Monitor anti-malware and vulnerability products for fast exposure assessment, incident handling and response
- Watch access to cardholder systems and data to recognize suspicious behavior
- Establish an automated trail for all system components as required by PCI DSS requirements 10.2–10.7
- Support security top practices for PCI standards
- Facilitate forensic investigations around incident response activity
- Create access controls within LogIT to limit what individuals can see as it relates to log and forensic data
Check out Digital Edge’s Log Management Solution: LogIT, where you can learn how our unparalleled solutions can enforce continuous compliance. To assess your Log Management needs and budget your project, visit our Log Management Assessment tool for your instant quote!
For further information on PCI DSS visit https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pci_security/maintaining_payment_security.
If you feel that you need assistance from the Digital Edge Security team, please contact us at www.digitaledge.net/contact/.